About the Instructor
Robin Hill has served as the Human Resources Director for West Fargo Public Schools since 1997. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, and a Master’s in Business Administration from NDSU. Robin holds a Professional in Human Resources Credential, along with a SHRM Certified Professional credential. As West Fargo’s HR Director, she supervises all the district’s HR functions including Payroll. West Fargo Schools currently employs just over 1900 regular employees and approximately 500 temporary and substitute employees. Robin is a member of the Fargo-Moorhead Human Resources Association and Agassiz Valley Human Resources Association, along with the Society for Human Resource Management.
Robin Hill, Human Resources Director
West Fargo Public Schools
207 West Main Avenue
West Fargo, North Dakota 58078
Important Course Dates
Class Time and Location: March 2, 2019, 8:30 – 11:.30 am, Governors Room (upper level), Ramkota Hotel, Bismarck
Due Dates for Assignments & Final Exam: Assignment #1 due on March 2; Assignment #2 due by March 31; Assignment #3 due by March 31.
- Your district’s negotiated agreement
- Your district’s employee handbooks
- Your district’s school board policies relating to personnel
- Summary Plan Descriptions: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Section 125 Flex Plan
Read and familiarize yourself with the reference documents in your School District:
- Negotiated agreement for your school district
- District employee handbooks or Administrative Policies
- School board policies pertaining to all classifications of personnel
- Summary Plan Descriptions for any/all of your insurance plans and flex
- Chapter 3 – Compensation & Benefits 3-7 through 3-15 and 3-18, 3-19
- Chapter 4 –Employment Relationship & Employee Handbooks 4-1 & 4-2
- Chapter 2 – Classified Staff
- Chapter 3 – Teachers and Principals
- Chapter 5 – Open records
- Review Appendices
Assignment 2: See syllabus
Assignment #3: After you have read all the course materials and watched the online lectures, you may take your final exam by clicking here. There will be 25 question multiple choice exam. You may use your lecture notes and course resources to answer these questions. Once you have completed the exam, click “Show Results.” A screen will appear with your recorded answers and final. exam score.
No proctor form is required for the assignments and exam.
Questions about the course? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org